Both music and poetry have the ability to exalt our senses and to heighten our existence.
Some compositions on this album were inspired by poems, others merged the heartbeat of the music and the verse into one whole.
Music strives to produce a poetic vision of the universe, with its language that doesn’t need to be translated in order to be understood. It is able to push away the borders between cultures and traditions, and reveal how everything is interconnected, though expressed in different languages and forms. Just as life originates in its absence, and sounds have their source in silence, so do utmost passion and despair wither into serenity. These ideas stream through this album and culminate in Red Velvet.
- Tanaka: The Song Of Songs Maya Fridman 8:17
- Lüttger: Danseur De Corde Maya Fridman 4:39
- Cassadó: Suite Per Violoncello: I. Preludio - Fantasia Maya Fridman 5:34
- Cassadó: Suite Per Violoncello: II. Sardana (Danza) Maya Fridman 4:07
- Cassadó: Suite Per Violoncello: III. Intermezzo E Danza Finale Maya Fridman 5:26
- Golijov: Omaramor Maya Fridman 8:29
- Andriessen: La Voce Maya Fridman 7:28
- Vares: Red Velvet Maya Fridman 10:21
- Apreleva: Silentium Maya Fridman, Aasako Kanazawa, Maximiliano Segura Sánchez 5:26
acc. cello (in Silentium)
Asako Kanazawa, Maximiliano Segura Sánchez
Dutch & Dutch